- Achieve greater organizational independence for the Office of the Director of Audit as defined by INTOSAI’s International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs).
- Select, conduct, and report audits that will inform Parliament of the most significant, relevant matters related to the Government’s financial reporting and performance.
- Implement and consistently apply the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs1) to improve the quality, consistency, and credibility of our work.
- Increase our audit capacity and effectiveness by acquiring additional audit resources; state-of-the art audit methodology, technology, tools, and techniques; and the training required to apply them.
- Communicate our audit role and results clearly and directly to Parliament and the public to increase the understanding and impact of our work, and the public profile of our office.